Saturday, August 22, 2009

How Life Changes in a Split Second

My friend was diagnosed with cancer on Wednesday. She is calm, funny and too crass, then sobbing. 

On Friday afternoon, I cried at Madison and Vine when we were having a glass of wine. She demanded I stop so I did. Earlier that afternoon, I touched the side of her breast, saw the bandage from where the needle was inserted for the biopsy, saw the bruising.  It looked like a bruised boob.  It could have been anyone's boob.  But it happened to belong to my friend.  

She's waiting for more tests to get the prognosis.  I fear the worst -- I don't know why. Because I am an alarmist.

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Enjoyed going through it. Keep it up the good work. Cheers :) Beth colonialgifts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Beth. I hope you keep reading.
    R.D.

    ReplyDelete